Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Background in Higher Education

I love teaching in a classroom setting! I received the Luckman Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1993.

But many students can't get to a campus for a four-year residential experience. To that end, I moved into the new field of online learning in 1994 with the goal of developing and delivering complete online degree programs that would give any motivated learner ACCESS to quality education and the ability to earn a college degree.

I directed the University of Illinois Online initiative for 10 years, developing online programs at UIC, UIS, and UIUC. I helped to found the Illinois Online Network (ION) and the Illinois Virtual Campus (IVC).

And I have been a member of the Board of Directors of the Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) since its inception more than a decade ago. Sloan-C is a professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale, and breadth of online education.

No comments:

Post a Comment